Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so last year before winter we had a bird that had little lite brown colored bugs on it when i moved its wing. i have since saw several different bugs stuff, my husband wants to know if anyone has used sevin's dust (it's what you use in your garden and can use it on chickens)as i wasn't sure if it is safe for pigeon.? i have not seen any this spring, we did add a big area that they can dust themselves with in their home. also, When are you supposed to give the vaccines? What are they? Where do you purchase them?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Bugs

It is important to get rid of the lice, etc. and using Sevin is fine. Pigeons will not dust themselves like chickens will, you will have to apply it.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have used 7 dust 5% on found ferals, I think it covers better than a spray which makes them look pretty bad and is hard to saturate the entire bird. just keep the dust out of the eyes and nose. you can put the dust in a pigeon size bag and then put the bird in the bag with head out and massage the dust in, use a puff ball to get around the head. I would repeat it two weeks later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts