Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear PT members,
This morning I saw my two baby chicks, Peep and Chirp, eating small sesame seeds. They tried to eat what their parents gave them, but their parents refuse to feed them. Last night Biveon and Peep were fighting. The chicks are a month old and they barely know how to fly.I thought they have to be 2 months old to be independent.
Also I was wondering what the pigeons would prefere to eat. Pover and Biveon like big seeds like corn, but Bove and the chicks like small seeds i think.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
30 days is weaning time. Use wild bird mix and add bigger seeds to it. You may need to separate youngsters as adults will start chasing them from nest area.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
today i seperated the chicks from their parents. But then biveon kept on trying to get to their cage. After i opened all the birds.They ran in the nesting box.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have had young pigeons eat on their own as early 15 days.
It helps if you have an older squab to put with them to act as a teacher.
When they see the older one peck up seeds they will often copy it and start pecking up seeds.
Keith

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah when they saw their parents eating seeds they copied them. they are both half dove, half pigeon. people say breeding doves with pigeons may casualties, but they were fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts