Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can somebody tell me the possible results of the following pigeons paired in their colors:

male x female
*ash red almond cock (or i think indigo almond) x white hen (with black beak) = ?,?
*red cock x white hen = ?.?
*red (recessive) cock x grizzle hen = ?,?
*almond bronze (?) cock x dark necked grizzle hen = ?,?
*White Grizzle cock x dark check hen (with white in the end of the eyes) = ?,?

male x female
*blue check cock (with white wings) x blue hen (with white wings/flights) = ?,?
*blue check cock (with white wings) x yellow red grizzle hen (with beak of a white) = ?,?
*bronzed check cock x yellow red grizzle hen (with beak of a white) = ?,?
*blue light check cock x pied hen (mostly white with blue tail) = ?,?

hope somebody could give me an answer atleast one and good if many or atleast tell me the right name of any that i have written~^^

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
male x female
*ash red almond cock x white hen (with black beak) = Depends on what is underneath the white. You will get half almonds, half non-almonds either way.

*red cock x white hen = Depends on what is underneath the white. If this is recessive red, then it also depends on what is underneath that.

*red (recessive) cock x grizzle hen = Depends what is underneath the recessive red. If the hen is homozygous grizzle, then all kids will be grizzled. If het, then half of them will be grizzle.

*almond bronze (?) cock x dark necked grizzle hen = Half almonds, half non-almonds. Half of those may also be grizzled.

*White Grizzle cock x dark check hen (with white in the end of the eyes) = Assuming he is homozygous grizzle, then all kids will be grizzles. The color of the grizzles depends on what color the cock is and if he is carrying another color.

male x female
*blue check cock (with white wings) x blue hen (with white wings/flights) = Blue checks and bars (all checks if the cock is homozygous for check) with white flights and various amounts of white.

*blue check cock (with white wings) x yellow red grizzle hen (with beak of a white) = Is the hen recessive yellow, recessive red, ash-red, or ash-yellow? If ash-red/yellow, then it's a sex-linked mating in which all boys will be red and all girls will be blue. Some will be grizzles.

*bronzed check cock x yellow red grizzle hen (with beak of a white) = Same as previous one, only the kids can have bronzing too.

*blue light check cock x pied hen (mostly white with blue tail) = Blue checks, bars, or t-checks depending on what both carry. With varying amounts of white.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
male x female

*red cock x white hen = Depends on what is underneath the white. If this is recessive red, then it also depends on what is underneath that.

this white hen one is just pure white~ her mom is a blue bar with white flights and her father is a blue bar that is also the son of his mother. means that her father is her half brother also~ i don't know how she as a white came out

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
male x female

" *red (recessive) cock x grizzle hen = Depends what is underneath the recessive red. If the hen is homozygous grizzle, then all kids will be grizzled. If het, then half of them will be grizzle. "

this red cock has a white father and a red bar mother and the grizzle hen., i don't know about her parents

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
male x female

" *White Grizzle cock x dark check hen (with white in the end of the eyes) = Assuming he is homozygous grizzle, then all kids will be grizzles. The color of the grizzles depends on what color the cock is and if he is carrying another color. "

@MaryOfExeter this white Grizzle homer cock is also all white with black beak but he has a little grizzle on his neck and he has black nails instead of white~

male x female
*blue check cock (with white wings) x blue hen (with white wings/flights) = Blue checks and bars (all checks if the cock is homozygous for check) with white flights and various amounts of white.

@MeryOfExeter could this mean the resulting offsprings would look like pied blue bars and checks?

*blue check cock (with white wings) x yellow red grizzle hen (with beak of a white) = Is the hen recessive yellow, recessive red, ash-red, or ash-yellow? If ash-red/yellow, then it's a sex-linked mating in which all boys will be red and all girls will be blue. Some will be grizzles.

@MaryOfExeter the hen looks like an almond with all orange like red color with tail of a white, a beak of a white that looks orange pink, white unders and white nails

*bronzed check cock x yellow red grizzle hen (with beak of a white) = Same as previous one, only the kids can have bronzing too.

*blue light check cock x pied hen (mostly white with blue tail) = Blue checks, bars, or t-checks depending on what both carry. With varying amounts of white.
@MaryOfExeter they had a chick already about 1 and a half weeks old and it looks like also a check and it has no white feather~ sad that the other egg didn't successfully hatch maybe it was the one that has whites..... thanks for the help and your replies this is a lot helpful for me^^ and sorry for having lots of questions...^^

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have had a red grizzle hen(mostly white with a little red on her neck)and a red cock with white wings,i have had them for a few years and they have never produced the same color chicks,they have produced blue checks to solid white,red bars and solid reds,unless you know the background of the birds they will produce all kinds of colors.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had a red grizzle hen(mostly white with a little red on her neck)and a red cock with white wings,i have had them for a few years and they have never produced the same color chicks,they have produced blue checks to solid white,red bars and solid reds,unless you know the background of the birds they will produce all kinds of colors.
@Rondo769 yes that's true i was also thinking the same thing~ inheritance.., there also happened two times when my blue bar cock pigeon and blue bar hen with white quills had first brood of one white hen and blue bar pigeon hen with white quills and eye points and the second also a white hen and a blue bar cock

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
The reason you had a white come from two non-white parents is because she is recessive white. Which, of course, is recessive :) Both parents were carrying it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason you had a white come from two non-white parents is because she is recessive white. Which, of course, is recessive :) Both parents were carrying it.
pls tell me the physical difference between white and recessive white if there is any~ by the way the father of her blue bar father(who is also her brother) is a white mated to her mother that is a blue bar with white wings ^^

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Solid white is recessive white usually. Solid white can also come from homozygous ash-red grizzles or heavily pied birds. Yours is probably recessive white (they have bull/black eyes by the way). The grandfather passed it to the son/brother. The mom/grandmom must be carrying recessive white too, and thus when two copies of a recessive gene are passed to one bird, it shows :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Solid white is recessive white usually. Solid white can also come from homozygous ash-red grizzles or heavily pied birds. Yours is probably recessive white (they have bull/black eyes by the way). The grandfather passed it to the son/brother. The mom/grandmom must be carrying recessive white too, and thus when two copies of a recessive gene are passed to one bird, it shows :)
@MaryOfExeter all my white have dark red eyes~ the family tree was her mother(blue bar with white quills about 3 and 2quills on both sides) had a mother same as her only that she has more(4-5) white quills and a check father is one of the sons of my blue bar hen named becky (my first pigeon and only one when i got her) and a white father my second pigeon named mel (with curled feet and some toes almost cut).., i think i missed one generation there..^^ means she inherited being white from her great grandfather~

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have newly paired couples today and i hope you guys give an idea what color would be their offsprings~

*blue checker cock with white flights x white hen
*Grizzle bronze opal (not sure) cock x dark checker hen with 'dirty' gene

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blue bar x white

i just brought two new white hens home yesterday afternoon and i was planning to pair up one of them to my blue bar cock~ what do you think would be the color of their offsprings~? here is their line:

*Blue Bar cock (from blue checker cock x blue bar hen with white flights)
*White hen (from blue bar cock x white hen)

hope you could help~ thanks^^

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
You will get bars, and possibly some checks or t-checks depending on what the white grandparent was. All of them will probably be blue, but because we don't know what that white grandma was, it could have passed down ash-red to the white hen you have. So you could get some ash-reds too - you'll just have to wait and see :) All the babies will carry RW, and you could get varying amounts of pied markings, depending on what everyone is carrying.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You will get bars, and possibly some checks or t-checks depending on what the white grandparent was. All of them will probably be blue, but because we don't know what that white grandma was, it could have passed down ash-red to the white hen you have. So you could get some ash-reds too - you'll just have to wait and see :) All the babies will carry RW, and you could get varying amounts of pied markings, depending on what everyone is carrying.
hi and thanks becky!^^ the one i have bought it from told me he got them whites only with his blue bars and whites and as i can see on his hanging-on-the-tree loft they got only blue bars and whites~ he told me he only had whites, blue bars and pieds out of his blue bars and whites paired~

·
Registered
128 Posts
Becky what do you think a blue bar hen(background unknown)x a solid white cock(parents were cock,red with white flight x hen white grizzle,mostly white) any idea?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Becky what do you think a blue bar hen(background unknown)x a solid white cock(parents were cock,red with white flight x hen white grizzle,mostly white) any idea?
i also have the same pair that has been incubating 2 eggs for 3-4 days now~ but it's an ash red instead~ Ash red cock x white grizzle hen~ that solid white cock you have might me recessive white and i think they'll have any of red bars, pied reds and grizzles or also white~ keke that's what i think.. becky may provide a better answer

1 - 20 of 41 Posts