Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo I recently noticed my Swiss modena Pigeon making round movement in circles seems like the head is heavy because the Pigeon head can't stand upright. And I noticed some other Pigeons with the same symptoms . Please what disease can be this

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Paramyxo virus. Can be salmonella as well. What do the droppings look like? If very watery with no white urates, then probably is PMV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well one will long solid dropping. And if it is pmv what is the treatment for it

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

Do the droppings look like this? If so, then it is PMV. Supportive care and isolation for the next 6 weeks. Make sure they are able to eat. Vitamins and probiotics in the drinking water. After 6 to 8 weeks , he won't be contageous to other pigeons. Although the neurological symptoms and loose droppings can continue.

The photo is droppings from one of my pigeons. There's no neurological symptoms, but someone with a lot of knowledge confirmed this as PMV. I was told to euthanize the pigeon, but that's not what I intend to do. She is in isolation and eating well. Droppings are really watery, like a pool of water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 97523
Do the droppings look like this? If so, then it is PMV. Supportive care and isolation for the next 6 weeks. Make sure they are able to eat. Vitamins and probiotics in the drinking water. After 6 to 8 weeks , he won't be contageous to other pigeons. Although the neurological symptoms and loose droppings can continue.

The photo is droppings from one of my pigeons. There's no neurological symptoms, but someone with a lot of knowledge confirmed this as PMV. I was told to euthanize the pigeon, but that's not what I intend to do. She is in isolation and eating well. Droppings are really watery, like a pool of water.
Well thanks they look like that. But what are probiotics an new beginner

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Probiotics keep the good gut bacteria in place so help prevent disease. Should also be given after antibiotic treatment. If you don't have, then add some apple cider vinegar to the drinking water twice a week. 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probiotics keep the good gut bacteria in place so help prevent disease. Should also be given after antibiotic treatment. If you don't have, then add some apple cider vinegar to the drinking water twice a week. 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water.
An
Thanks ua seem helpful...will try this...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hallo I recently noticed my Swiss modena Pigeon making round movement in circles seems like the head is heavy because the Pigeon head can't stand upright. And I noticed some other Pigeons with the same symptoms . Please what disease can be this
Sounds like early stages of pmv. I had a baby dove act that way i held her alot, kept her warm, vet gave me medicine to help her recover. She recovered but was blind in one eye. She was 6 weeks old when she began walking in circles. It took 2 months for her to recover. I never left her out of my sight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dont forget to put a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinager in their drinking water. It helps prevent pmv and helps cure pmv.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Apple cider vinegar won't cure PMV, but will buildt up their immunity to fight off other diseases. Dosage is 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water. If too strong, the pigeons won't drink.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts