Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I’m gonna try to make this as short as possible. So I raised my girl from egg. She was hand fed for over 7 weeks and we were bonded. She loved her head pats and she loved getting attention in general. Once she turned about 2.5-3 months old, she just started not liking me. She’s 4 months now. I can’t touch her at all anymore without getting pecked at hard and wing slapped (this happens out of her cage also) she will also spin in a circle and coo at me if I even try to touch her. I can’t pick her up half easily at all to put her back in her cage because she will fly around the room like crazy trying to get away from me. Then when I do get ahold of her she tries everything to get away. I love her so much and I try so hard to just get her to tolerate me. I miss patting her and giving her love. I feel like she’s not happy even tho she has a clean cage, is always fed, and hangs out in my room with me most of the day. It’s not like she’s stuck in her cage all day. I’m running out of hope that she will ever like me, but I’ve been told that they all go through this at this age, but still it’s hard. Is this actually common for pigeons to do at this age? Even when hand raised? What are steps I can take to get her used to me again and to be able to tolerate me, if any? Or should I just wait it out? I know some pigeons attitudes are just like this, but even then they should have moments when you can at least touch them and they will not freak at you. Any advice...?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts