Pigeon-Talk banner

pigeon drinking and eating a lot...

557 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pigeonne 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
One of the feral pigeons I am feeding is drinking and eating really a lot.

He is suddenly eating incredible amounts of food (around 12 big spoons of seeds each day!!).This behavior is cyclic. He could be currently breading, this is maybe the explanation of this bulimic behavior? I am wondering if he has worms or something wrong?

He is also drinking a lot (he always does, really much more than the other ones).
His droppings are all the year soft, liquid, different colors but most of the time light brown, depending on the food. I did not see anything looking like worms, I am not sure, it looks more like seed puree (sorry for the details but I've read lots of poop questions on this website;))

But he looks fine, has much energy, bright eyes and beautiful feathers, he is possibly slightly fat but he flies very nimbly!
Should I worry?

#2 ·
Sounds as if he is raising babies. If he eats a lot, then he will also drink a lot. If there are undigested seed in the droppings, then you will know something is wrong. You can add some applecider vinegar to their drinking water twice a week. 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water. Will do them lots of good. Hopefully he will soon bring the young with him for feeding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.