Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

For the past 3 months, I've noticed that one of my pigeons has been rather sluggish with droopy wings. I took her to the vet in August but I was told that other than very little bacteria in her poop, there was nothing wrong with her.

Since I only have 4 pigeons and always kept them in a large cage, the only activity they'd get is when I'd release them a few times a week. Unfortunately, though, my family and I had to move houses a few months ago, and that meant my birds had to be locked up in the cage for a while as they wouldn't come back here if released. So, they've had very little exercise since.

She can no longer lay any eggs as she's older now. So I'm either forced to release her in the garage for exercise or clip her wings as I doubt I'd be allowed to build a loft whilst renting. The only time she's ever active is during feeding time. She'll rush to the bowl like any other day, and once she's had food, she'll perch up and just become sluggish again.

So, could this be because she's older now, or lack of exercise perhaps? I have another bird who's her age, and one who is older, but they're always active and alert, except her.

All info is appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would be willig to bet just being lazy from lack of excercise, im not the one to ask but i hope it helps calm you a bit, sorry i couldnt help more:(
That's okay, thank you for the comment. :)

One thing I forgot to mention is that her nails and upper beak have grown out a little. Is there a serious reason for that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts