Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya;

I was wondering if anyone knew how many pigeons droppings does a pigeon poop a day?

I am designing a theoritical pigeon tower within Manhattan located in the tribeca area
that acts as both a pigeon loft; bar and resturant serving squab; featuring an area where fancy pigeons are showcased and spaces for pigeon fanciers to come together for meetings
and races can take place.

The building also acts an immediate symbiotic space between pigeons and humans where many features of the building will serve for both pigeons and people; yet due to their scale will have different uses; example a door for a pigeon would be a viewing hole for a person.

It would hold around 1000-2000 pigeons
The building will rotate in accordance to displaced invisable geometries of the site.

The droppings could possibly be used to power every single system within the tower including the rotary systems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(My uni doesn't hold any books on pigeons in the zoology section :/)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hiya;

I am designing a theoritical pigeon tower within Manhattan located in the tribeca area
that acts as both a pigeon loft; bar and resturant serving squab; featuring an area where fancy pigeons are showcased and spaces for pigeon fanciers to come together for meetings
and races can take place.
You're kidding right? April fools was a couple of days ago.:rolleyes:
No one here is going to help you design a place where you can serve squab. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aww but its theoritical :p

Its for my second year building project; I wanted to encompass all aspects of how pigeons are used... and sadly that includes the utility aspects of squab
because of its exotic and delicate taste. Never tried it myself though but my tutor said it would help my design if I had a restuaunt where at closing time pigeons would be released chasing out the stragglers...

I didn't want to really do it in the first place :[
I may not be able to ever fully understand the relationship between a pigeon fancier with their pigeons unless I raise a few myself
But from what I have read It must my blasphemy to a pigeon fancier to what I am proposing as it takes years and patience to
become a proper pigeon fancier. Charles Dawin even mention the fact of getting hooked to pigeon fancing; becoming obssessed with
different breeds. As it is difficult to predict what you might end up with yet 1in1000 have to eye to distinguish qualities of breeding.

yet I wanted the building to encompass all the qualities of a pigeons life and that includes death for the poor young

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I asked the same question about pigeon poop long time ago. Just do search.

For the theoretical restaurant, I think it would be hard to sell because pigeon squabs are not popular. I think what you are thinking is some form of exotic restaurant where they serve exotic animals. I understand eating escargo, caviar, exotic animal and animal parts (like horn, testicles(LOL)) like they do in some places and you pay high prices for it. Maybe squab is just among one of those in the menu. But this forum is pigeon friendly so such idea of eating pigeon will not be look at in friendlier terms.

Pigeon poop powered machine is quite fascinating. I don't know whether it would be enough poops to do it, however, Pigeon poop was used as an ingredient in gunpowder before so maybe in that restaurant, the poops are used to create fire to drive a boiler/steam which drives a electric motor machine producing electricity, etc. LOL!

Oh, the crazyness! It is Friday, too!

·
Registered
499 Posts
talk about from the frying pan straight to the fire,.,though cosuming animals is a reality,for carnivores,..i do not believe you will get a proper response to your concerns-on this website,,myself i struggle to eat chicken,and cows,..i have lived long enough to know about world hunger-famine,.yes un-imaginable things are eaten without malice by all countries whether,.due to necessity,tradition, religious beliefs,and as long as hunger is a problem this procedure will continue ,..good luck with your inquiry,..james waller

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.