Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pigeon Emergency Found Only 1reply HELP

Hi
Found this am in livingrm. Colorado springs Colorado have following Rx: Bactrim 800/160 Cipro 500 mg Amoi 500 mg Flatly 500mg Mobil 15mg Diclofenac Potassium 500 mg
Was cat attack several cats bird played dead at least that's what I thought when I seen caring poor baby has lost all tail wn back feather but is up walking flapping I let her sit in cage covered all alone been 3hrs. I chose not to wash her or feed or water just rest now what can she even make it and what human or dog or cat food can I give no money till 1st. I will happily give help if rehabber those cats live here so I will be stressful if not deadly here she is in bird cage no poop yet at first some looked normal her feet work and grasp she's on the perch an pood no blood doesn't seem stressed

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
is the bird up and walking around? i'm not a rehab or avian health expert, but there are a few here. if i were you i would look up if there is anything you can do about shock, and other than that keep the bird quiet and warm. someone will likely be along soon to give you better help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TY! That's what I'm doin 4 now but I gotta figure out which antibiotics 2 use asap and wash her but front want more shock she walks flaps wings an just pooed poo looks great lil runny no blood also Not sure what kinda human or dog cat food 2use until I get pd an exactly what 2 buy when I get money esp. with the injuries will she grow her feathers back again thanks no1 has replied yet TY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TY 4 reply I called the # U gave left msg in the mean time not sure if I should bathe she needs 2 be cleaned also what kinda food do I buy only got $10 k how do I mix med an how much it's human pill does it need anything in water don't have sugar have agave nectar an powder stevia & reg. salt she's up on perch all day flaps wings tries to get away poop good no blood lil runny trauma I assume no life threatening injuries but back is mess anything topical or 4 pain I can go 2 pet store $ 14 now TY!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry wild bird what is it??? I do cat rescue they brought a gift they chewed her good but I had just fed cats before I went 2store so they were playing or It would be worse or not a ? My neighbor said **** can grow back all the feathers can she be saved???

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Okay don't give her any meds and bring to the wildlife center in the morning
Keep her quiet and away from people and animals
Small bowl of seed and water
Wildlife center is prob closed right now
Bring her in the morning
I believe she's a mourning dove
They are high stress birds so best to leave her alone
Cover cage when you take her to wildlife clinic tmrw
They won't charge you but will gladly accept a donation