1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEXT EVENT: March 2011 To Be Announced

Place: Location To Be Annouced

i just pop back on this page ...just wanted to let ya know

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
The birds don't have to be banded, as it isn't a show. Just a place to buy/sell/trade/give away birds, as well as supplies and meeting lots of new people. I always bring my artwork with me to attempt to sell. And you can bring any birds, not just pigeons. I've seen chickens, peafowl, doves, guineas, and parakeets sold at the meets. I've also seen rabbits sold there.
I've emailed him and told him it'd be best to have it AFTER March 5th. Because March 5th is the chicken show in Salisbury, in which quite a few pigeon people attend to sell their birds.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The birds don't have to be banded, as it isn't a show. Just a place to buy/sell/trade/give away birds, as well as supplies and meeting lots of new people. I always bring my artwork with me to attempt to sell. And you can bring any birds, not just pigeons. I've seen chickens, peafowl, doves, guineas, and parakeets sold at the meets. I've also seen rabbits sold there.
I've emailed him and told him it'd be best to have it AFTER March 5th. Because March 5th is the chicken show in Salisbury, in which quite a few pigeon people attend to sell their birds.

yea!!! so i can go to both lol

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yep! Plus we could advertise there so the pigeon people can also come to both (I'm sure a lot of people have no clue about it). If it comes down to having to choose, I'll go to Salisbury because it is closer :(

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep! Plus we could advertise there so the pigeon people can also come to both (I'm sure a lot of people have no clue about it). If it comes down to having to choose, I'll go to Salisbury because it is closer :(
yea not alot of people knows ... i would go to salisbury too ...last time at the swap meet ..was a disappointed.

i'm going to Winston-Salem on too(my friend said this one is always bigger)

3/26/2011 All Day Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Spring Show(Winston-Salem, NC)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well poop :p The "Salisbury show" is not in Salisbury, it's in Morganton! :(
Oh well. Larry needs to hurry up and get a date set up. He's the one who started it and the only one who has done it. So yes, it'll be him again. He moved, so I'm not sure where it will be held. Probably where the first one I went to (may have been the first one, period) was held. I can't remember what it was. A church or someone's house :confused:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well poop :p The "Salisbury show" is not in Salisbury, it's in Morganton! :(
Oh well. Larry needs to hurry up and get a date set up. He's the one who started it and the only one who has done it. So yes, it'll be him again. He moved, so I'm not sure where it will be held. Probably where the first one I went to (may have been the first one, period) was held. I can't remember what it was. A church or someone's house :confused:
omg it's so far now! ....

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By way of reminder of what the last one was like one can see the thread that follows. I will not be going again! My review is on the third page of the link

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f8/pigeon-extravaganza-43167.html
yea i thought it would be better too but ..one of my friend said back then it was alot bigger, and Larry had more birds..somthing about tornado hit that place or somthing. maybe more people cause it's spring , alot of breeding going on now.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yes, Larry has gotten rid of all of his birds. I'm not sure if he even has his racers anymore. All of the lofts you saw were filled to the brim with pigeons once upon a time. For some reason not as many people come anymore since he got rid of them all (or most of them).

I plan on having a meet at the TSC in Salisbury at some point. The poultry group I'm in used to have them in the parking lot of the one in Statesville, but everyone's been too busy or too lazy to set one up.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, Larry has gotten rid of all of his birds. I'm not sure if he even has his racers anymore. All of the lofts you saw were filled to the brim with pigeons once upon a time. For some reason not as many people come anymore since he got rid of them all (or most of them).

I plan on having a meet at the TSC in Salisbury at some point. The poultry group I'm in used to have them in the parking lot of the one in Statesville, but everyone's been too busy or too lazy to set one up.
i heard that he still race ... and the day you do set up a meet ,let me know i'll be there!:D

Salisbury not so far from me....Better that Morganton(but i'm still going ..i want a pair of tippler and dragoon)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yay for non-conflicting schedules! :D I don't know who's place that is though. I don't know anyone in Waxhaw. Maybe Les Everett? He lives somewhere down around here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts