Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this forum.

For fanciers interested in looking at birds' eyes, here is a link to the eye videos I took recently when I was experimenting with close-up photography. I uploaded them to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/beebeequail

Can be watched in High Resolution but in order to watch in HD you must click on the "Watch in HD" link as soon as the video loads, otherwise the movie may not play at all.

Let me know what do you think.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Jesse, I picked that bird because he closely resembles the eye of my best racers. I have studied Jack Barkels eye sign but am not sure I am completely convinced of the theory. Guess it will take more experimenting to see if it pans out. I am breeding 2 pairs based on Jack's theory this year. We will see what happens. I would not have normally put these 2 pairs together but we will see if it works.
Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Ken,

You must have very good birds. #8809 band number 03-824 dam of 1st CJC combine ace-pigeon. A typical Janssen white eye that carries the good traits of the Janssens, the eye has 3 purple spots in the iris w/ not much pigmentation.

I just finished reading Mr. Barkel's 2nd book, interesting reading. Jack's theory is similar to Bill Carney's.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Ken,

You must have very good birds. #8809 band number 03-824 dam of 1st CJC combine ace-pigeon. A typical Janssen white eye that carries the good traits of the Janssens, the eye has 3 purple spots in the iris w/ not much pigmentation.

I just finished reading Mr. Barkel's 2nd book, interesting reading. Jack's theory is similar to Bill Carney's.
Jesse, i am not familiar with Bill Carney can you pass me info that I can find more info on him.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Ken, Bill Carney was invited by Campbell Strange to the US (from England) to give a talk on eyesign and was featured in one of Jackson loft video series. In addition to some of the existing theories, Jack advanced the 2 parents should not have over 100% composition which I think is very good.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Ken, Bill Carney was invited by Campbell Strange to the US (from England) to give a talk on eyesign and was featured in one of Jackson loft video series. In addition to some of the existing theories, Jack advanced the 2 parents should not have over 100% composition which I think is very good.
I am familiar with this theory and is something I keep in the back of my mind when picking breeders to pair. I have not paired a couple of birds because it would have been over the 100% mark. I dont use eyesign as the criteria for pairing it is just another thing to look at when I have already selected based on Performance, wing, conformation, body types, etc. I don't ever put pearl eyed birds together or bull eyed together though. If at all possible I try to put pearl to Yellow eye.
Ken

1 - 20 of 25 Posts