Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 12 pigeons and one of fantain (age may be 2 months) have got an eye problem. in one eye it shows white color mask. and i can't see the black eye whether i try to remove the mask, it can't remove. and pigeon got weigh lose. it's heavy raining period in my location. what i need to do? please click here to view the pigeon's eye. i have got a photo and shared it.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ADeXCi_XqqVOaVI&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Can you take a clearer picture please of the eye lesion?

At his point it could be anything, but I suspect that it could be pox, since you say more then one bird has it and it has been raining a lot. Mosquitos can transmit the virus thru bites. Where do the other birds have the lesions? Pigeons that have it should be separated as it is very contagious.

http://pigeonrescue.co.uk/pigeonpox.htm

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I don't think the other birds have lesions. Just the one bird with the eye problem.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Don't pick at that eye for it looks like the membrane that is swollen and over it. That belongs there. What kind of antibiotics in the cream form do you have? It looks like it either hit something or in a bird fight of some kind..Do you have any saline solution because you could blot it real easy in warm water and a weak saline solution..(weak) just enough to take the sting out of the water. Do you have any antibiotics or people triple kind that would be a ointment based or oil based. Put some of that on it and keep the bird separate and peaceful...Do not pick at that eye...Erythromycin ointment would be good if you have that??? Just a note here just put enough of the antibiotic for the eye and try not to get it on its feathers because pigeons insulate by their feathers and is very important not to get oil based products on them because they could freeze to death . Just a added note and do not put a lot on just a little on the eye.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't pick at that eye for it looks like the membrane that is swollen and over it. That belongs there. What kind of antibiotics in the cream form do you have? It looks like it either hit something or in a bird fight of some kind..Do you have any saline solution because you could blot it real easy in warm water and a weak saline solution..(weak) just enough to take the sting out of the water. Do you have any antibiotics or people triple kind that would be a ointment based or oil based. Put some of that on it and keep the bird separate and peaceful...Do not pick at that eye...Erythromycin ointment would be good if you have that??? Just a note here just put enough of the antibiotic for the eye and try not to get it on its feathers because pigeons insulate by their feathers and is very important not to get oil based products on them because they could freeze to death . Just a added note and do not put a lot on just a little on the eye.
Thank you for your support. i contacted vet doctor and he prescribed Probeta-N (Betamethasone Sodium Phsphate 0.1&m/v + Neomycin Sulphate 0.5%m/v Drops) to put into the eye by every 2 hours for first day. and by 6 hours from 2nd day. is this possible to recover my bird? do you have any other option?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I have a feeling that your birdie will recover and eye injuries always look bad to begin with but with time and care it should recover. That one eye might very well have trouble seeing but time will tell. In my loft I have two pigeons with only one eye seeing and they do very well and each has a mate as well. So give time and caring just like you are doing.
Keep us updated if you find time. Thanks for being concerned about your birdie and caring for it as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts