Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago my grandpa noticed what I guess is a white pigeon, though it could be a dove, (I'm not well educated when it comes to birds) around his house.

He lives on a farm, and later that day he found the bird perched on a rafter in his woodshop. He noticed a band on its leg so he left the door open figuring it would be on its way home, and set some bird seed and water out for it.

Later that night the bird did leave. Then the following morning it was sitting at the door of the shop waiting to get back in (Maybe it's not a very good pigeon?) :p . He let the bird back in and it's just sitting up in the rafters.

From what I've read here you guys put alot of effort into training these birds, and though it has found a very nice place in my grandpa's shed, and he doesnt mind the bird around, It would probablly be best if it went to its real home.

I guess it would be a good idea to get the numbers from the tag, so how would you go about catching the bird to get them? (It sits on a rafter 15ft up) The food is on a table below, but we havent seen it eat when there is people around.

Any other help regarding what he should do with it would be appreciated.

Also, I was wondering if these white birds are the ones released at weddings? He seems to think thats where this one could have come from.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Thank you so very much for your concern about this bird. It is most likely a pigeon, and we would need all the letters and numbers from the band to try and locate the owner.

It could be a "lost" wedding release bird but could also be an AGSG bird in great need of help. Look in our AGSG forum for this whole story.

Please do continue to help this bird by having food and water for it, and IF you can catch it, please do and post all the band information to us here.

Terly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts