Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pigeon found his way to my house and wanted to hang out with me so i put him in a plastic bin with a screen on top and gave him some water and bird feed (i use "him" because i named him dwight)

his band number is au nb 496 i assume this is american union out of new bedford i think his owner lives in new bedford and i called the number that was listed with no answer

please help me off load dwight to someone that can care for him

· Registered
15,608 Posts
Is this the number you called? When did you call? It IS Monday, so they may be at work or something. Give them a chance to get back to you.

Club Name : NEW BEDFORD RPC
Club Code : NB
Club Secretary : RICK BAPTISTA
City : NORTH DARTMOUTH
State : MA
Phone No. : 508-992-7784

· Registered
15,608 Posts
it is a 2008 bird and i am about 40 minutes from new bedford
If no one calls you back, you can feed the bird for a day or two and take it about 10 miles from your house TOWARD home and release it.
That's if it is not sick or injured. A 2008 bird should easily be able to make that trip.
Does the bird feel particulary skinny? Any way you can post a picture of it? Just would like to make sure that it CAN make it home.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can take a picture later on today and email it to you. he seems pretty plumb when i put the seed down for the first time he gobbled it all up pretty fast, but i have not seen him drink any water i have tried a variety of bowls and dishes and he just knocks them over

should i be concerned about the weather when i release him?

· Registered
15,608 Posts
i can take a picture later on today and email it to you. he seems pretty plumb when i put the seed down for the first time he gobbled it all up pretty fast, but i have not seen him drink any water i have tried a variety of bowls and dishes and he just knocks them over

should i be concerned about the weather when i release him?
yes, just make sure that it's not going to rain any that day. I would usually warn about the wind and the direction it's blowing, but no further than home is, unless it's a tornado, it shouldn't hurt either way. Head wind or tail wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.