Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A brown [pigeon with bands on both legs has shown up at our home. It appears to be injured. The tags are as follows: Left leg has a red tag : 1957 FIS Right leg blue tag ck 904 982 7992 035. Can you tell me how we may find the owner. We live in Georgia

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
A brown [pigeon with bands on both legs has shown up at our home. It appears to be injured. The tags are as follows: Left leg has a red tag : 1957 FIS Right leg blue tag ck 904 982 7992 035. Can you tell me how we may find the owner. We live in Georgia
Is that ALL the info on the bands? Have you captured the bird?
Are you sure the band has FIS and not FSI??

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
It looks like the first 10 numbers is a phone number. Why don't you try calling it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did reach the owner as he said it is a racing bird. My husband is going to meet him to give him the bird. I am not familiar with pigeons or racing pigeons but I loves animals and knew we had to do something. I am glad I found this website. All of you were a great help. Thanks

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I did reach the owner as he said it is a racing bird. My husband is going to meet him to give him the bird. I am not familiar with pigeons or racing pigeons but I loves animals and knew we had to do something. I am glad I found this website. All of you were a great help. Thanks
That's even BETTER news!! I was very afraid of what you might be told........thanks for caring about the bird and searching for info on it. Well done!!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
GLAD :D to hear such positive news. I wish all lost homers had "happily EVER" endings with their owners. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.