Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:We have a pigeon that was being attacked by a hawk. It is unable to fly so we brought it into the house and now its in one of our bathrooms. We are not sure what to do or who to contact.. I did email [email protected] so just waiting for a response.

We live in the USA Lake Elsinore, CA

I may be contacted on the house 951-579-1413..

Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Candace

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hello , thanks for rescuing this bird

If you dont have a bird cage hanging round at home ...see if you can get a cardboard box and cut some vents in it and place the bird in there with some water .....if you use a generous size box you can cut horizontal strips down the sides which will act as a make shift cage and allow room for a water dish and feed dish . Keeping him confined will also help in him from already injuring himself further.

I have rescued a few birds from falcons here and all have happy endings , but I don't know the extent of the injuries of the bird in your possession .

Hopefully some U.S members will be able to help you decifer the band number or will help you get the bird to a rehabber in your area.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Candace.... how far are you from Lake Forset C.A ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.. found owner

Thank you very much for your response. We were able to find the owner. I don't not know much about them and a neighbor said he thought that a house (about two blocks) from me had a bunch of pigeons. We found a house with about 15 pigeons on his roof and sure enough it was one of his. I am really interested in learning more about them..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts