Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I found a homing pigeon in Bartow WV it does have leg bands the one I can read says NKC 2016 854. We found the pigeon behind our store in the rain, it did not look good. We brought it inside and gave it some water, it seems to be improving now. I will keep it for a while to make sure its ok then let it go. In the mean time I would love to find the owner and let them know where its at and how its doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Donnie

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
You might want to contact these people and see if they can help track the owner.
https://www.pigeon.org/lostbirdinfo.htm
http://www.npausa.com/customer_service/found_pigeon.html
The owner may or may not want to get the bird back. If he does not want the bird people here can help find a home. Thank you for giving him water, could you also please give him some bird seed? Sounds like a lost racer who is starving and completely in need of human help to survive. Please dont just release him as he needs help to get home. Thank you for caring about and helping him!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm so glad you brought the poor little babe in and as cwebster says it's most likely hungry and exhausted. In the meantime if you have some frozen peas defrost them in warm water, drain and offer them in a bowl - not cooked just defrosted. Most pigeons love peas. Thanks for helping the lil guy.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Wild bird seed do be good too. He may well be starving out there, as he may be lost, which happens a lot. Raised in a loft, if they get lost, they don't know how to find food, water, or shelter. Poor thing. He may have gotten himself lost, so releasing him isn't a good idea, as if that is why he came down, he will likely still be lost and starve out there.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
This may be the info you need.

NKC
Washington Combine Flyers
Dalton Phillips, Esq.
11610 Kimberly Woods Ln.
Ft. Washington, MD 20744
(301) 310-6050
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.