Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i wonder if anyone can help i reccued a young pigeon from a friend who was going to end it by putting it down as it was very week.. its history is that there were two in a nest one had spalding legs which my friend put down and the other was the one i got from him at 6 months old it was very skiny but was walking it had two twisted toes when i got the pigeon it was covered in fleas hence why it was skiny, i de-flead him it could not fly as it was kept in small show cages so i took him out of shed to exercise him so it got used to using its wings. it had a bad landing once and it stopped using its legs its been like this for two weeks it doesnt look in pain its eating normal and drinking. most of the time it drags it self with mostly wings and is now using a bit of legs its legs seam to stay on its front alot it trys to drag them underneath and wins but they seam to push out again. i have checked there is nothing broken i dont know why iam no expert but i feel they are dislocated how can i know for sure. are dislocated legs fixed by it self or is there something i can do . my friend keeps racing pigeons he breeds them i asked him he says put it down its a runt as their would be vet bills they would be happy to make money. i really want to give this bird a chance i put him on liquid callcium and pigeon vita its put on some weight and looks healthy and happy can someone help please i really want him to walk again as i want to put him in my loft but cant at the moment as my pigeons will peck it can someone help i dont want to go down the vets . thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts