Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hi, thanks so much for helping him.

I explained everything about head trauma/concussion in several threads, as I only have a few free minutes I attach a link to an old thread, you could find there (post # 6) even three helpful links about concussion:

I also explained how to rinse his eyes and to treat his injuries.

Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Glad to hear that he seems more alert. Recovery from a head trauma could take some days or a long time, it depends on the severity of the blow.
I forgot to say that my French vet gave me some tablets called candilat (papaverine and vincamine), they can be used in case of head trauma. Personally I found them very helpful.
I don't know if they are available in UK (maybe with a different name) but if you have a trusted vet and you decide to bring him the bird you could ask for his opinion about them.

The eye does not look well, try to rinse it, we need to avoid any risk of infection (also be sure that there are no foreign bodies inside it). Could you get an antibiotic ophtalmic cream?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm very glad to hear that he is doing well and that the eye is ok! Great news! You are doing a great job with him!

Personally I would adopt him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts