Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a beautiful male pigeon who desperately needs a home. I believe he is part Old German Owl. He was rescued and I've tried to introduce him to my three female pigeons but it has not worked and the situation is getting worse.

Does anyone know of users who are located in Melbourne, Australia? Or close by? I want him to go to a good home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, did you find a home for him yet? I have a pair of turbits which I think are similar but I don't know if he would get on with them either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
He's a beautiful bird and looks quite similar to the turbits. We just have a male and female bonded pair. Right now they are just about to hatch their first egg so maybe it wouldn't be the right time to introduce him?

We are new to pigeons and don't know too much about them yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm yes right now wouldn't be a great time to introduce him for your birds. thank you though :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
He's lovely! Are you still looking for a home for him? My youngster is 6 weeks old, so i might be a better option if you're desperate.

How was he rescued?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I'm definitely still looking for a home for him if you're able :) I found him walking along a busy road, I had to chase him off the road since he wasnt aware of traffic. I managed to grab him while he was eating food I brought him.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
What happened when you put him with your 3 females?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts