Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We have had a pigeon in our garden for over a week now. It doesn’t seem to be able to fly however we can’t see any damage to the wings and it doesn’t look like it is in pain. It sits under a little wall for most of the day, we have fed it and given it water but we don’t want it to get killed by anything. Has anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong with it or what we should do? We have considered putting it in a box but we have no where to take it after that!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
He may be a tame pigeon who is usedto being cared for, who is lost. Does he have a band? Where do you live? There are pigeon rescues nearly everywhere. Also, if you cage him, you can check him for problems then find him a home. Thank you for taking care of him and caring about him!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Please catch him and bring him inside. If you don't have cage for him, put a large cardboard box on its side and cover the front with a mesh or piece of shadecloth that will allow light inside.

Check him over for injuries, esp under the wings and on the breast area. Also post a photo of his droppings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
We have had a pigeon in our garden for over a week now. It doesn’t seem to be able to fly however we can’t see any damage to the wings and it doesn’t look like it is in pain. It sits under a little wall for most of the day, we have fed it and given it water but we don’t want it to get killed by anything. Has anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong with it or what we should do? We have considered putting it in a box but we have no where to take it after that!
Does the bird have a leg band? If so google “finding lost homing or racing pigeon”. You can enter the numbers and find the club that the bird belongs to. Sometimes racing pigeons get lost or injured.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He may be a tame pigeon who is usedto being cared for, who is lost. Does he have a band? Where do you live? There are pigeon rescues nearly everywhere. Also, if you cage him, you can check him for problems then find him a home. Thank you for taking care of him and caring about him!
hi, it doesn’t have a ring, it does seem quite tame but I have never seen it fly so maybe it can’t? I’m a bit scared to pick it up but I will look into pigeon rescues today thank you !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Hi Scarlettl123
If you are around East London it might be my pigeon.
Do you see a white ring on the leg?
Any chance of sending a photo to 07873609192 please.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts