Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i am using colony structure for pigeons.
it was working fine in the start. But after few months the pigeons dont lay any eggs and have no interest for mating. but no health issues with the pigeons and will have good amount of sunlight also . they r super active when they r outside. but inside they have not interest each-other. male and female have no interest in mating and laying eggs . please help me to resolve this issue . thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Could you please post photos of your colony setup and the birds so people can make suggestions? How old are they? Do they have spaces to nest?

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Are you sure they are male and female?
Maybe your set up isn't comfortable and safe for raising babies.
Pictures would help.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Is that inside an enclosure, like a loft?
Are you sure you are feeding them enough? How much? How often do you feed?
And what do you feed?

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
How old are they?
Are you sure you're feeding them enough? Unless they are ill, or not feeling safe and comfortable where they are, and are getting enough to eat, I would think they would be mating. Unless they are the same gender. Are you sure none of those things is going on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are less than 2 years
yes i am feeding them enough
no they r not ill
both the male and female dont show any interest in mating

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Very strange that you aren't overrun with mating and eggs. Could it be weather related? I know our girls lay fewer eggs when the weather changes or they are molting. Am wondering what they would do if you put fake eggs and straw in their area, maybe to jump start their interest. Our birds are fascinated with others eggs so I put a couple fake eggs at first. Also you say you feed them twice per day. What do you feed them? Once they are eating well, warm, have grit and water and feel safe do not know why they are not breeding. Are you sure they are two years old? Odds are there are both sexes there with that many birds. Somebody should be laying eggs.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
What do you feed them?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Am wondering if the food is a problem as people have suggested that wheat isn't that great for pigeons. Regarding the other post about the poor babies dying, hopefully someone here will have suggestions. Some kind of disease?

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
snr007-Do you give your birds calcium? Do you let them bathe? They do need that so that the egg shells get enough moisture, or the babies can get stuck in them. Or they could be sick with e-coli or salmonella or something.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi,
1)How much month they lay eggs, how many clucths they raise
2)And for how many month they are not laying eggs.

Is there envirmental changes that dissturbing them.

1 Trick, Sprate the males/Females, and then again pair them may resolve the issue, i thing it is last issue if they are 100% perfect (Its my suggestion may be wrong)
Seniors need to confirm my suggestion
Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,
1)How much month they lay eggs, how many clucths they raise
2)And for how many month they are not laying eggs.

Is there envirmental changes that dissturbing them.

1 Trick, Sprate the males/Females, and then again pair them may resolve the issue, i thing it is last issue if they are 100% perfect (Its my suggestion may be wrong)
Seniors need to confirm my suggestion
Thanks
I agree with mateeb4u. I have done this before and , it worked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts