Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, please can someone help?

My three Month old French Mondian just keep throwing up (Vomiting) just lesthan two hours after I took then to backyard to had some sunlight, it's constantly taking water and vomiting ( Throwing up) please I need help. Its crop is completely empty.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
He might have a yeast infection. Can you get hold of Nystatin from a pharmacy? Give him 0.3 ml of Nystatin for every 100 gr birdweight twice a day and see if that helps. Do for 7 to 10 days. Nystatin should be given on an empty crop. So wait half an hour after giving and then start feeding.

Otherwise, could be canker as well. Canker can show up as cheesy growths inside the mouth and back of the throat. Can be treated with metronidazole.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The vomiting has stopped and it's getting better, but it's not eating.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Are you giving the Nystatin? You can handfeed him defrosted green peas, the type one buy in a supermarket. Defrost in warm water and put one pea deep inside his beak over the tongue and let him swallow. Only feed 20 peas and when that gets digested, you can feed more. An adult pigeon will need 150 peas divided into 3 meals of 50 each. He might need a bit less. Wait for the crop to empty inbetween feedings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am, glad.. But I notice about five pigeons in the loft this morning are closing their eyes while standing in one place for long time

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Are they eating ok? What do the droppings look like? Do you know of the benefits of adding apple cider vinegar in the drinking water? 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water twice a week as their drinking water for the day. If they don't look well, give acv for 3 days in a row. Natural foods like turmeric and cinnamon are also good for them. Wet their food with a bit of lemon juice and mix the spices in with their food.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are not eating ok. And almost 70% of the birds are infected. Below is the attached of their droppings picture..

Best regards

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Is there no vet closeby to test the droppings? How is the young one doing now? Is there an improvement while getting Nystatin?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes their is an improvement for the young ones while taking nystatin. There is no vet close to test the droppings

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
This could be anything. I would put them all on amoxycillin. For an adult pigeon, about 40 mg twice a day. I've also in the past had some of my pigeons getting ill and the amoxy seemed to help. Amoxy is a broad spectrum antibiotic and will treat bacterial infections.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am highly grateful, you are really a blessings to us.... God bless... But I am following the procedure u thoughts me last time using bread or should I apply it in their drinking water?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Yes. You can buy a 500 mg amoxycillin Betamox capsule. Empty the capsule. Divide into 4 heaps of 125 mg and then each heap again into 3 heaps to get 40 mg. Take a small piece of wet bread, soak up the powder and put deep inside the beak over the tongue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts