Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am from Delhi, India.

I found a pigeon a couple of days back and he couldn't fly but he seemed healthy. Yesterday he fell from about half a feet and after that his neck seems twisted and keeps looking towards sky. He don't eat or drink anything. Please suggest what to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Hard to know whether he hurt himself falling, or if he fell because he was sick. So hard to know. Could be something like Salmonella or PMV, or something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to know whether he hurt himself falling, or if he fell because he was sick. So hard to know. Could be something like Salmonella or PMV, or something else.
Thanks Jay, will it help if I posted pictures? I researched online and found about PMV and read a blog post from someone where he cured a pigeon with anti-bacterial medicine so I mixed the tablet in water and made the pigeon drink it.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
If it is PMV, then antibacterials will do nothing. Antibacterials only work on bacteria. Hence the name. PMV is a virus and has to run its course. If it is PMV, then you may very well need to give him support and hand feed him, and help him drink. Only leave a small narrow dish of water with him, as he may fall in and drown. Or just offer him water several times a day, by holding it for him, and you may have to support his head so he can drink. But you can't be sure of what it is unless tested.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Gee, I'm sorry you lost him. Could be he injured himself when he fell. That's too bad. At least he isn't suffering now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.