Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
About a year ago I have found sick pigeon. I cured him and he stayed with us. He doesn't fly. Today he, now she, laid an egg. What should I do?Tomorrow I have do go to another city for a week and becase nobody will be at home the pigeon has to go with me. how and do shall I transport her with the nest and an egg? thank you for any hint:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I do not have a suggestion for you since I have never heard or thought of having to travel with a pigeon which happens to be on a nest position. I guess there is only one way to find out and that is to take her with you and see what happens. You didnt mention having another pigeon, you do have a pair of pigeons, dont you? :D

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
In a day or so, she will lay another egg. Transport her in a small animal carrier, the kind you take a cat to the veterinarian in. Put a towel in the bottom and her nest with the egg in the back of the carrier. She may lay the second one with the other egg.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If it does not have a mate, I would just dispose of the eggs if you need to travel with it; or you may want to put them in the refrigerator and place them back in once you return to prevent it wasting energy laying soon again.
Keith

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not have a suggestion for you since I have never heard or thought of having to travel with a pigeon which happens to be on a nest position. I guess there is only one way to find out and that is to take her with you and see what happens. You didnt mention having another pigeon, you do have a pair of pigeons, dont you? :D
Hello,
no I don't have another pigeon:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In a day or so, she will lay another egg. Transport her in a small animal carrier, the kind you take a cat to the veterinarian in. Put a towel in the bottom and her nest with the egg in the back of the carrier. She may lay the second one with the other egg.
Hello,
Thank you for the advice. I do have the pet carrier and sometimes she is traveling in it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it does not have a mate, I would just dispose of the eggs if you need to travel with it; or you may want to put them in the refrigerator and place them back in once you return to prevent it wasting energy laying soon again.
Keith
hello,
thank you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if she doesnt have a mate any way the eggs is not gonna be firtile thats one thing and the other many pigeons behavior if you move them from their place it is hard to sit on the eggs n another envirment .sorry to hear that but please get for her mate shes ripe now dont miss the chance

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Looks like you'll have to be buying some fake eggs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts