Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have two pigeons who are very good flyers, and a few days ago, only one came back. At first, I thought one of them may have gotten attacked, and it's mate( well, they're about 3 months old, but they still act mating) came back alone. I thought this was the case because they hardly ever seperate; in fact, they've never ever separated. But then, yesterday, I was driving by my school (which was a regular toss point for them), and I saw a flock of four pigeons hanging around by it. Now, my pigeons are white and white with black, so therefore very recognizable, so I immediately thought I recognized them to be among the group (ok, i was not sure, but it looked like it). Since the mate leaves every morning to (i suspected) search for her mate, is it possible she hangs out with him and his group of new friends and then returns home? Do you think "mated" pigeons would do such a thing and leave their home to go with another group of pigeons? I had only two so....

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I think that at 3 months, your birds were play acting at mating and would just as soon pick his own mate or play act with other pigeons too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts