Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this tiny thing that looks like a sesame seed crawling on the back of my rescue while holding him. I’ve had him about a week now and he had staph infection, and e.coli. He was also poisoned. But he is doing good now I have all the meds for him but now I JUST saw this on him and I am worried now…I don’t know what it is. I gave him an ACV bath cause he hasn’t bathed since I got him and now I feel bad. But idk if that will help. I’m gonna get my jewelers loop and see if I can get a closer look. Ugh this sucks now I’m all itchy and afraid I’m infested and or gave it to my other bird 😭 I wash my hands though before handling my other pigeon and she lives in a cage outside and he is in my room so I don’t think she got it but I will prob have to treat her now just in case.
Atmosphere Water Insect Astronomical object Sky

Insect Arthropod Pest Parasite Electric blue

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found this tiny thing that looks like a sesame seed crawling on the back of my rescue while holding him. I’ve had him about a week now and he had staph infection, and e.coli. He was also poisoned. But he is doing good now I have all the meds for him but now I JUST saw this on him and I am worried now…I don’t know what it is. I gave him an ACV bath cause he hasn’t bathed since I got him and now I feel bad. But idk if that will help. I’m gonna get my jewelers loop and see if I can get a closer look. Ugh this sucks now I’m all itchy and afraid I’m infested and or gave it to my other bird 😭 I wash my hands though before handling my other pigeon and she lives in a cage outside and he is in my room so I don’t think she got it but I will prob have to treat her now just in case. View attachment 99186
View attachment 99185
That's a MITE Parasite, get it off ASAP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts