Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am from Pakistan.

Two of my pigeons got flu months ago, one male and one female. They are not a pair. The flu is just not ending.

The male pigeon sound of talking also got slower and hard to listen. He had such a loud sound before getting flu.

I can hear flu sound when they breath.

This flu is not infecting other pigeon. Just 2 of them have it for more than 2 months and it is just not ending.

I am in an area where it is hard to find a good vet. They give just generic medicine which usually don't fix them. I tried them in past and it never works.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
pigeon won't get the "flu" like you would.
What are their symptoms? what medications do you have on hand?
Thank you so much for your response.

I can hear sound of liquid in their nose when I go close to them while they breath. It is like something is blocking their breathing.

The sound of male (The CHORTLE sound) is reduced because he seems to have his nose and throat filled with flu liquid. He is actually a little less active than before.

I have antibiotics in hand like amoxicillin.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Often Doxy is for respiratory, but we can't be sure of what they have at this point. Then sometimes one thing works, sometimes something else. All depends on what it is sensitive to. Canker can cause that also. Different things can cause the symptoms.

What have you treated them with so far?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Thanks Jay - the article I read was for poultry and not pigeons. Wonder if the op has access to meds.
They say they have Amoxicillin.
The problem is that many things can cause the same symptoms. Without knowing what it is, it's hard to know what to use. If I were shooting in the dark, I would treat for 10 days with Baytril and Metro for canker to try to cover more bases. But if it is sensitive to something other than Baytril, we have no way of knowing.

It would help to know what they have been treated with so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts