Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I know chances are there arent many on this site in LA, or the beach cities... but I am so distraght. My Iwori, an all white king pigeon hasnt come home for 3 days after being scared away by a raven. She is 5 years old, a mother to many, and a partner to Ogbe since birth. Together Iwori and Ogbe are my eldest, and amazing birds.

She has been chased away before, as have the rest of the crew, but they are really fast and good at making way home.

I am so worried for her. There are hawks, falcons, and cats in neighborhood. It has been over 4 years since she spent a night away from her nest.

The whole family is stressed, especially the father, Ogbe.

Any ideas, any sightings, and encouragement would be super helpful.

Elizabeth

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
So sorry! I live in San Clemente, my pidge flew away a week ago but was only gone 24 hours. I note that this is a very hormonal time for them. Check with Palomacy they are very aware of pigeon rescues throughout the state. Folks will find a pigeon that is tame and try to help. Palomacy has had some amazing stories. They are on facebook and will surely send out notices.

I know how hard this is for all of you, when the mate is losing it/sad - it just makes it all the worse.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Sorry for your distress and one can become very attached to their pigeon and she is very pretty and maybe she will do okay out there and come home soon....At least we can hope..So sorry...

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hope she's well! King pigeons aren't good at homing back. Maybe she's lost a few blocks down and keeping up with a feral flock. You must go E, and find out. Maybe she's out there, where local pigeons gather to drink/feed like in some park, near some fountain.
An ad in lost and found pet column of your local daily may help if she's alive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, really is awesome to have support...
She was gone once before, and came back... but still not home. Her mate was gone once for 7 days when he returned... but today is day 7. I have gone out looking for her again and again... and thanks Jass for reminding me to look with ferals. I will put more emphasis on that, and thanks for well wishes from all... and I will check this Palomacy out now April....

Keep the vision of her coming home. Miss her, and her family is totally missing her

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check the school grounds and notify the janitors

Also where ever Pigeons go to eat... Ask at local school grounds as the kids are great for looking for you! Pigeons like to pick up the bits from kids picnic tables -- the pigeon flocks here hang out on school roofs waiting for the kids to get done.

We had such a horrible storm today! My birds freaked out with the lightening and thunder... I suspect that she is hunkered down with other pigeons....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh no! I hope she is okay. There was a bad storm and I think it might hit again so you need to find her! Check the local shelters every day. Petfinder.com. Keep going around and looking. I hope you find her! If I see a big white pigeon I will try to catch it and let you know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
White pigeon in Dana Point

There has been a white Pigeon hanging with feral grey ones in Dana Pojnt
For about a week now... One of the boaters is going to get a picture as he sees this bird every morning. Does your bird have a band? I am going to my boat tomorrow and will check it out -

It's funny as I was discussing my pigeon and then several boaters mentioned this white pigeon that
Keeps hanging out with the grey ones... I don't know - where you are with your search but I will check this out .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just noticed no band

No one has gotten close Enough to see the legs - just wanted to know. When I get a picture I will post it. It stays on the periphery of the flock so it is being very submissive.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hello. I saw an all white bird flying around in Reseda area on thursday. I do not know if that is west los angeles. That bird looks like a homer mix with a kind. I found a pair once, and the female had a good homing instinct to my surprize. Have you posted on CL? Check with local racing club, roller club members if possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.