Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a nother thread about getting meds online, I rember reading. Just cant seem to find it in a search :(

Anyhoos, just talked to the local vet in town, small town one vet. He does NOT care for birds, gave me the OSU vet clinic (Oregon State) . Besides being very expensive, they are over 120 miles round trip away. Is there an online site that I can get bird meds from? Looking to treat my birds for Paramyxovirus

Thanks folks,
WiskeyJaR

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Hi

Are you wanting to get birds vaccinated or do you have some birds with PMV?

The suggestion of Foys is fine for vaccine. If you have birds suffering from PMV, there are no meds for it - just supportive care.

John

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Every thing I have read and heard, its seem most likly that Paramyxovirus is what my small flock has (9 birds) Poop is runny. Cant say every bird is sick, but the most seem to be effected.
Wings drag and sometimes they fall over on back and seem not able to right its self.

So if the birds are effected already, is it kinda like the flu? They'll get over it? Or is it a fatal diesease? Had 2 adults die, and have had 4 babies dead so far. Babies where in nests on ground..

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Every thing I have read and heard, its seem most likly that Paramyxovirus is what my small flock has (9 birds) Poop is runny. Cant say every bird is sick, but the most seem to be effected.
Wings drag and sometimes they fall over on back and seem not able to right its self.

So if the birds are effected already, is it kinda like the flu? They'll get over it? Or is it a fatal diesease? Had 2 adults die, and have had 4 babies dead so far. Babies where in nests on ground..
time to get some dummie eggs if there are any hens left that can lay...no need to let anything hatch at this point. it is a virus, I have never had to deal with it so I hope someone can give you good advice on supportive care, I think once you see symptoms it is the onset of recovery, that is what I have read.

·
Registered
499 Posts
canker-?

I know there was a nother thread about getting meds online, I rember reading. Just cant seem to find it in a search :(

Anyhoos, just talked to the local vet in town, small town one vet. He does NOT care for birds, gave me the OSU vet clinic (Oregon State) . Besides being very expensive, they are over 120 miles round trip away. Is there an online site that I can get bird meds from? Looking to treat my birds for Paramyxovirus

Thanks folks,
WiskeyJaR
sounds like canker??-(poops) real runny,bright-green,could not fly,-(won,t fly).vomiting,.hunkered down,puffed up-feathers,..my two birds did not fall over,but i treated for canker with clavamox,,they survived and are healthy-do some more research,but don,t wait too ling for treatment/dvm,etc.,.sincerely james waller

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

It think it's salmonella. The symptoms can be very similar. I did post a link for where to buy Baytril in your other thread.
Where are you located exactly? Are you in Oregon?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts