Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a pigeon nest on our awning outside our bedroom. I have heard momma feeding babies, etc. Well, this morning, I discovered an adult pigeon dead under the awning. I cannot tell if this is momma bird or not. I have not seen a momma in the nest this morning, but did hear her last night as she nervously flapped when I walked under the awning. Babies are silent (as they should be til momma comes around) and so high and tucked under the eaves that I can't peek in on them. What to do?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for your concern over this family on your awning, and for the happy update.

Please do keep an eye out on the babies, as I'm wondering why this pigeon under the awning died, was it a predator or was the bird sick. The babies may be vulnerable too, once they start moving about.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It could be that one of the parents died, as both of them will feed the babies. Usually dad will take over duty during the day and mom at night. Sorry to hear this happened to one. The other one will probably do fine in raising the babies the rest of the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts