Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, I don’t think it’s a racing pigeon, look at my profile pic, that’s a racing pigeon.

unless it’s some kind of mix breed.

‘’hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A pigeon only becomes a racing pigeon - if it completes a race.
If a bird never even entered a race it is just a pigeon for breeding or a homing pigeon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A pigeon only becomes a racing pigeon - if it completes a race.
If a bird never even entered a race it is just a pigeon for breeding or a homing pigeon.
Not every racing pigeon makes it back because it can't make it my friend,completing a race has nothing to do with it either.
If you condition your birds properly and prep them properly before a race then you should have a 95% return factor and all with in seconds of each other.the 5% factor equates to unforeseeable circumstances such as weather ,birds of prey ,bumpy ride leaving birds bruised,under feeding and watering before the race.
In any case point I'm making is a racing pigeon should return regardless 100 % of the time.
When considering bthe history and origin of the bird especially what it was originally bred to do then you will only then respect and appreciate what a true racing pigeon is does and looks like.
Why don't you all have a read of the post that Mercedes15 posted about STAF VAN REETS.
Its a very intelligent ,very informative conversation about racing pigeons by people who just might know a little bit when it comes to racing ,breeding ,training and keeping true purebred pedegree race pigeons.
Kind regards.
Rockin Roller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts