Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a pigeon that entered my window (saw the other pigeons inside) and I caught her because looked not in good condition.

She eats more than normal and droppings are solid but ochre (brown when dried). The droppings look somehow like her metabolism has something of an old, mortifying disease.

She is sleepy and listless compared with other pigeons and is thin, the chest bone is pronounced.

Any idea what can be?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In fact, she eats anormally much (like every half hour) and is very thin. I gave some vermicide (based on fluebendazole) now I will see what's hapening.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
her droppings don't look like she needs an antibiotic IMO, which in turn can make loose droppings and upset her intestines. I would deworm her or him and give some fatty seeds to add like chopped peanuts and safflower seeds. release when she gains some weight. which may be after the second round of dewormer.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After giving dewormer, the droppings gained a normal aspect and she seems to feel better. Thanks for the advice with the fatty seeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.