·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I hope Lizz gets Trooper back.

I clicked the link in the web-(newspaper) article, and saw that it linked to a thread started May 4, 2008 in PT . Lots of work and discussion has been done for Trooper. And he has repaid us for those efforts.

Seems the folks at PT have a lot invested in Trooper.

Larry

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Lizz, if you are checking in, from time to time, if you haven't already done this, I would get large bag of wild bird seed and start checking the local wild flocks. Throw down a bunch of seeds and see if he is among the birds that come to feed. As social as they are, I would imagine by now he has attached himself to a local flock and it may take some searching, but it may be worth doing. Start with the closest ones and work your way out, and don't forget to check the flocks in the area he originally came from, in cased he "homed".

Good luck finding Trooper,

Karyn

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm praying for Trooper Lizz, every night I go to bed he is the first thing in my mind, we are all sending him to your way, feeding the local pigeons around your area is a good idea, he must to be around, keep the faith, we are praying Lizz, he's going to back home.

Ivette

G

·
I personally think if this bird didnt return to its previous owner by now then you are hoping against all odds by now , sorry but thats just my take on it :eek: hope you prove me wrong but this isnt ther best time of year for a lost bird to be out in the great blue yonder.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Lakota, I'm pretty surprised to see your negative response. I'm sure you meant well, but everyone knows the odds, and it probably makes Lizz feel worse to see them spelled out. Not trying to attack you at all, just saying that if you don't have something constructive or positive to add to an already sad situation, maybe it's best just not to say anything. :( Our member Victor had lost his Tooter bird for, I believe, eight months before he returned. Most likely some good person has found and taken in Trooper and does not know Lizz is looking for him. There is always a chance!! We should continue to have positive thoughts and prayers for his safe return.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is always a chance. I found a white homer on my way back from the gas station and I am not willing to let him out of the area just because there is always a chance that he has a home some where around here. There is a good chance that someone did find Trooper just like I found this bird. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
There is always a chance. I found a white homer on my way back from the gas station and I am not willing to let him out of the area just because there is always a chance that he has a home some where around here. There is a good chance that someone did find Trooper just like I found this bird. :D
Is there a BAND on the white homer? If it has a AU band (American Racing Pigeon Union) They have a web site and a page for lost pigeons. I have a lost young bird now.But it's not white. But I wish it would come back.I had never been out of a Loft.I just got him/her yesterday! I hope some one call or e-mails the AU with MY Bird:(

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
But obviously you have asked around about the owner, right? I mean to say, you didn't just keep him without trying to locate his owner?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
The bird has no band. It's very unlikely the bird's home will be found.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, of course Ive been looking for the owner, but as I said (or though I said) The bird is unbanded and as Charis said it is unlikely that one will be found. Its always nice to hope though. ^_^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts