Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Go ahead and order it, if the books show up, then you will know it is not that kind of scam. Then read all the books and see if it makes you a super champion. If it does, then come on back here and tell us all the winning secrets. :)

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
WOW SFL you and I had to learn how to "maybe" win a race the hard way.
Now --just buy a book -read it- Start winning all the club races.
I wonder if the book tells you "which" bloodlines to buy also?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
If books made champions, then I'd be one. But I'm not, so I guess they don't. No book can tell you exactly what to do to fit your birds' needs and win races from your loft. That's something you have to figure out yourself.
Reading and talking to people helps a lot, in that you're exposed to new ideas to try. In the end, you'll probably have taken a little from 'this' and a little from 'that', to form what works for you. Talking to local fanciers to see what works best for them, helps a lot as well. They'll be the better book, since they're closer and fly the same environment as you.

By the way, it isn't a scam because I have it on my computer right now. I was going to read it over my break, but I'm having problems with adobe at the moment. However, the GREAT results from following it are probably overexaggerated. But I guess we'll see :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
David, I have found in the past that e-books are always not what they are cracked up to be. My son got me a book for chrismas that everyone with pigeons should own, "Pigeon Health Management" by Dr. Colin Walker. (Foy's and Siegals have this book). It is well worth the investment. Don

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
WOW SFL you and I had to learn how to "maybe" win a race the hard way.
Now --just buy a book -read it- Start winning all the club races.
I wonder if the book tells you "which" bloodlines to buy also?

:rolleyes:....well, in the good ole days, you would purchase a video tape, and the expert would tell you how to win races. You would buy his birds, and then buy his pre-packaged stuff. Then at the end, you find out the really good secrets are on the next $50 tape, and so on and so forth. $10,000 later....you do find out you are smarter then when you first started. ;)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
David, I have found in the past that e-books are always not what they are cracked up to be. My son got me a book for chrismas that everyone with pigeons should own, "Pigeon Health Management" by Dr. Colin Walker. (Foy's and Siegals have this book). It is well worth the investment. Don
I agree, that book is very helpful :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Becky,
I bought it, too. I don't think you could call it a scam, but he's putting at least some of the package on the website where it can be read for free. What I've read, so far, matches pretty closely with what I have read, and been told, elsewhere. Since I'm just getting started, I've been grabbing information wherever I can find it. This forum has been a great help. I'm glad I found it. ;-}
Happy New Year! Bill

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all,

'Preciate the advice - which is why I come here. I'm a journalist by trade, so I'm pretty good at sorting out fact from opinion and am generally pretty skeptical by nature (hence the caution at buying these books).

But I, like Bill, am absorbing everything I can whether it be traditional books, my club's members (all five of them ;), websites or this forum (great, great stuff here, but y'all know that already!) I've blown through every book I've gotten my hands on (Rotondo's pigeon book, Born to Win, etc). I'll certainly get Walker's Pigeon Health Management book next, so thanks for the recommendations.

I also figure that $37 for the e-book isn't a huge risk, so I'll probably get it. But I certainly won't expect it to be what makes me win a race, either. Like MaryofExeter said: Little bit of this, little bit of that . . .

And Warren, my super-champion bird that is going to make me super-rich just appeared in my loft tonight in the form of an egg, and I know that to be true 'cause I read it somewhere ;)

Happy New Year all!

David

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Hi Becky,
I bought it, too. I don't think you could call it a scam, but he's putting at least some of the package on the website where it can be read for free. What I've read, so far, matches pretty closely with what I have read, and been told, elsewhere. Since I'm just getting started, I've been grabbing information wherever I can find it. This forum has been a great help. I'm glad I found it. ;-}
Happy New Year! Bill
Well if you can deal with the personalities and such....there are several dozen volumes on a variety of topics, right here on this site. Thousands of posts and threads. Many thousands of pages of text. Read through just a hundred threads or so, and you never know what knowledge might be found. As this point, it is free, but worth a monthly membership fee.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The amount of wisdom and free advice available here is amazing. Just lurking here someone can get more than enough information to be a proficient pigeon handler -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts