Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spouse and I have rescued and released a few pigeons in the past few years, one of which (along with her significant other) has now become our roommate.

Yesterday on my day to work, a pigeon hit the ground before my eyes. I brought it home, and did my best to save it, but within an hour or two it had passed away. Sweet dreams little angel.

Later in the evening, while discussing the events of the day with my spouse, we made the decision to put together a pigeon rescue first aid kit.

In this particular situation, because the bird was covered in an unknown, gummy substance which likely contributed, if not caused, its demise, I cursed myself for not having some Dawn soap on hand. Normally, I would never endorse a corporation such as Procter & Gamble, but Dawn is the one product which I know with certainty is relatively safe for birds (it is commonly used in post-oil spill rescues).

So Dawn is but one item which I feel may have its rightful corner in a pigeon rescue first aid kit. But what else ? I have a few ideas of course, but wanted to throw the ball out there, to see what others might suggest.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.