Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just had a really bad storm with thunder and lightening, and now found a pigeon on the window sill a little bit wet and feeling sorry for himself.

He is very approachable and not really moving much, I am thinking he just needs some time to get dry and will be on his way again, but the weather doesnt look to great - over the last few minutes he has probably dried up abit.

Not knowing much about birds, whats the best advice?

Shall i see how he is in the morning? if he is still there? or shall i place some water out for him to drink etc etc....

At what stage do you decide he needs to come inside or to the garage, to dry out a bit? and get warm?

Any advice would be good. Located in Koln, Germany.

Have a picture I can email anyone if they need.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Thank you for your concern for this poor bird.
Please take him inside, let him dry and rest and offer some water and food.
He might be young, hungry, thirsty or worse sick or injured. You can look him over see if he is thin or has any injuries, then you take it from there.
If he only needs to rest he will let you know when he is ready to go back out.

Reti

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well can do this, but he looks a bit dodgy on the window sill and dont want to scare him off the ledge and off into th street.

I guess he will fly off if he doesnt want to be rescued.

Not really prepared for looking after a bird, so no cage or anything.

Read a few things about birds having a heartattack and the like - thats a bit worrying too.

The bird is puffed up now, and closing eyes...does this mean problems, or is he about to sleep because its getting dark?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can be tricky to catch a pigeon if you not used to them, sound to me like he has become water logged and exhausted and is trying to sleep it off, is he under cover or still getting wet where he is perched?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts