Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive noticed some of my pigeons shake almost like they are cold, does this mean anything? or is it just the norm, cheers tom :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have seen this question alot here latley!!
i actually had this problem about 3 weeks ago. they just shook for no reason at all. they were perfectly healthy birds.

have you added or removed a portion of your birds to the flock?
have you moved birds from one loft to another?
how much do you feed? and how old are your birds?

·
Registered
84 Posts
RE Shaking pigeon

Someone recently told me that young birds shake when they are growing in new feathers or on their first molt. Supposedly it's because the new feather growth is painful esp. for young birds. I'm not an expert but I recently saw one of my young birds shaking and when I asked about it I was told by another pigeon owner that they shake b/c of the new feather growth.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Some breeds also just shake.....when they are nervous,curious, scared, etc.
I know Mookee pigeons are a breed that shakes.....like almost vibrates...

My Beautiful does it when she is nervous, or gets very curious....
She also purrs with the shaking sometimes..

-Hilly

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes they're in a new loft with an outdoor avary, they (6 WOE tumblers) are closer together in their new loft because their old home was a barn and ive noticed a little bit of pecking, at first i thought it was maybe mating but i don't think it is, there is alot of cooing aswell and afterwards they twitch their wings alot, (like their heart beat is making their wings twitch) cheers tom :cool:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
they sound fine..if they are cooing that is a good sign, twitching the wings can be a hen wanting to mate..shaking is excitement or anticipation, like mine will shake when the are being fed..or when they first come out of the loft they are nervouse or excited.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts