Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that there have been some posts here in the past about Pennsylvania pigeon shoots. There was another pigeon shoot on November 14 in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Here's a link to a Philadelphia Inquirer article on the most recent pigeon shoot:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...ve-pigeon_shoot_spurs_police_call__again.html

There is a PA bill, HB1411, that has been in committee since last May and would prohibit “use of live animals or fowls for targets at trap shoot or block shoot.” The bill was drafted by Rep. Eugene DePasquale, and he has been responsive to my e-mails encouraging a vote on the bill. Here's a link to the bill:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/billinfo.cfm?syear=2009&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=1411

I encourage everyone living in Pennsylvania who cares about pigeons and other fowls to contact their representatives to tell them you'd like their vote in favor of the bill once it passes out of committee.

Here's a link to find your Pennsylvania legislators:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm

You can also e-mail Bensalem Mayor DiGirolamo at
[email protected] and ask the township to take action to stop the pigeon shoots occuring at the Philadelphia Gun Club.

Contacting your legislators will let them know that this bill is important to their constituents.

Thank you.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Thank you for posting this very disturbing update. I truly can't even begin to get my mind around how these "sportsmen" find this sporting let alone ignore how totally cruel it is. Kinda sounds like the local law enforcement was fed a bunch of baloney and ate it .. not too smart on their behalf.

Hopefully this will once and for all be resolved in a court of law and even more hopefully there will be some serious punitive damages put on the gun club.

Terry

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Thank you for letting us know. This has been a topic of heated discussion and some of our members couldn't believe this really went on.
I had so hoped that Pigeon shoots could be behind us. It makes me so mad, I think the top of my head may just explode.
We have a lot of work to do.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
TAWhatley--what sport or sports are you into and enjoy?

NONE .. I rescue birds and animals and work for a living trying to support us all .. I have no time for sports. My husband is a football crazy .. me .. I could not possibly care less about any sports.

I know you're asking for a reason, Sky .. I just have no info to give you .. I DON'T do sports or care about them.

Terry

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
TAWhatley--what sport or sports are you into and enjoy?
I like swimming and playing scrabble, reading, gardening, walking and boating.. are those sports??.. lol...... so many other things to do besides setting up and handincapping birds so you can kill them...which is not a sport... like the old saying, it's like shooting a barrel full of fish...where is the sport in that?... I also like fishing, but they are wild and become my dinner, If I happen to even catch one... now that to me would be sporting.;)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I like swimming and playing scrabble, reading, gardening, walking and boating.. are those sports??.. lol...... so many other things to do besides setting up and handincapping birds so you can kill them...which is not a sport... like the old saying, it's like shooting a barrel full of fish...where is the sport in that?... I also like fishing, but they are wild and become my dinner, If I happen to even catch one... now that to me would be sporting.;)
I agree. I enjoy hunting and fishing, but these kinds of things are just cruel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts