Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, George. I'm showing the 2 little birds I got from kari jo. Will let you know how we do.
Daryl

Msfreebird, will you be there?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Thank you, George. I'm showing the 2 little birds I got from kari jo. Will let you know how we do.
Daryl

Msfreebird, will you be there?
I'm going to try - What time does it start? And is there an admission fee? (I bought $70. worth of Chinese food for my kids yesterday :eek: they wiped me out!!!)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, home safe and sound. Laz and Lil were only sf budas at the show. Ms. Lil took best of breed, but didn't do anything in AOB. Doesn't matter, I had fun, and got to meet Waynette (who posted about buying more birds, hee-hee) Hey Msfreebird, you should have stayed around for the auction at end of show, whole cage of birds (6 Old German Owls) sold for $12.00, and they were not particularly bad birds. Best of show was a big pouter cock, can't remember which breed right now, due to brain cramp. Oops, Pomeranian Pouter, I remembered, heck of a globe on this bird, and he just did not want to stop showing off.
Daryl

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Well, home safe and sound. Laz and Lil were only sf budas at the show. Ms. Lil took best of breed, but didn't do anything in AOB. Doesn't matter, I had fun, and got to meet Waynette (who posted about buying more birds, hee-hee) Hey Msfreebird, you should have stayed around for the auction at end of show, whole cage of birds (6 Old German Owls) sold for $12.00, and they were not particularly bad birds. Best of show was a big pouter cock, can't remember which breed right now, due to brain cramp. Oops, Pomeranian Pouter, I remembered, heck of a globe on this bird, and he just did not want to stop showing off.
Daryl
It was a pleasure to meet you Daryl and I enjoyed the show!
I know which pouter your talking about - I tried to get a picture of him but there were to many people crowded around him every time I tried. I did get a picture of the one next to him that came in 2nd
So here's what I got picture's of --

Daryl's babies being judged - cute as buttons!

A "Fantasy", check out that curl on the back of the head!

2nd place, Pomeranian Pouter - stunning!

German Beauty Homer - Look at that face, I'm in love!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
And MORE!

Frillback

Sorry - forgot the breed, but gorgeous!

This guy was NOT happy with me because I made him turn around to take a picture! Can you tell?

Modena - I almost bought a pair, but was advised NOT to put in with my homers and tumblers. So I guess I have to wait until I build a separate loft for them.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
LOVE your PICTURES, Waynette!!

Those are QUITE STUNNING examples of their "kind!"

How fun that you got to meet Daryl!! AND, Daryl...

CONGRATULATIONS TO MS. LIL !!

Love the Modenas and Frillbacks! Heck, I like 'em ALL!! Pouters always make me smile when they "blow up!" :D

Sounds like a great show!

Love and Hugs
Shi :)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Terry, Yes, Laz is still 'roo-coo" champ. He wasn't up to snuff yesterday, regrowing feathers after molt, and stressed after showing, so I pulled him early and put him in carrier and covered for peace and quiet. He's fine this morning.
Lilly says "thanks everyone" for your sweet comments, and says "Hi" to Auntie Shi and Mr. Squeaks.
Daryl

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
:D AND we RETURN YOUR "HI" and SEND COOOOooos! :D

WITH

LOVE and HUGS and SCRITCHES

Shi and Mr. Squeaks (who is now back in mate mode and sitting next to my foot under the computer table!) :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wish I could go! lol. Those look like some nice birds.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
msfreebird thanks for the pics...what a treat! the 6th pic after the frillback is a warsaw butterfly, I only know that because they are on my short list of birds I want...how fun. wish I could of gone...:)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spirit wings,
How's about going to the sturbridge show in December. That would be a little closer for you.
Daryl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts