Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i have a pigeon squab who has something wrong with his wing. one of his wings is just normal, but on the other wing all feathers go in different directions. Can you guys help me out? IF you have experienced this please help and tell me what you did. I thought about pulling the feathers out, but isn't that a little dangerous as it is still a squab and they're only pin feathers? He's 12 days old today. If you guys want pictures of it i can put some up. Thank you

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am only guessing- pictures would solve the guess- but you are probably talking about a feather problem we call angel wing, where the outside primary feathers don't stay flat against the birds side, but bend outward. you can start trying to keep them in place, but most will not stay in the correct position very long. the good news is this will most likely correct itself after the first natural molt of the feathers. please do not pull the feathers out !!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Don't be pulling feathers out of a baby bird.
Post a picture.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Feathers are just coming in. Leave him alone and see how they come in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys reading what you guys wrote really does me good although it does look very odd on one of the wings if you compare it to the other wing. Will it turn out alright?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Why don't you post pics of both wings?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts