Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Hello friends.

* Today i got an email from an unknow fancier telling me that i must join the new pigeon-talk forum ?

I am not shure if this message was from the staff here? The link is www.pigeon-talk.co.nr
* That's very interesting, but a little :confused:ing
The site you furnished the link to is definitely a very new site and seems to have the same format as this one, which has been established for a number of years.

Perhaps one of our administrators can explain this.

At any rate, welcome to our site. :)

Cindy

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Hi

Looks like someone is either trying to 'cash in' on the success of this forum, or else happens to have chosen a similar name - the one you have a link to is nothing to do with us.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

John

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
I just looked at it and "Herman" is the Administrator and is from South Africa. There are no members other than Herman that I can see. Very interesting.
Aside from copying our format, I notice that Herman has even cut 'n' pasted the summary of what the site is for, from our 'About Pigeon-Talk' section.

Herman appears not to realize that much of the material on the internet can be (and is, on this site) copyright of the owners.

John

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
LOL...Pigeon Talk, for all that it is, can never be duplicated. Herman, in South Africa, has paid the site a great compliment. His site is no competition. Sorry Herman.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Going to the other site is like walking into the Twilight Zone.:confused:
Not even a smilie to be found.:eek:
No members.:(
A parallel universe.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Thank you ercprc and Cindy for catching this obvious copy-cat site! And thanks to John for letting our site owners know about the situation.

All I can say is "shame on them" and good luck! It took years and years of hard work and dedication here on the REAL Pigeon-Talk from all the owners, admins, mods, and members to make it is what it is today. If these copy-cats have about 10 years of hard work in them, then perhaps they can make their site a success too.

Terry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.