Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Could someone please direct me to information on transporting / shipping pigeons? On a separate thread I am trying to find new homes for my birds. I'm willing to cover at least part of the costs of transporting them to their new homes, but I know nothing about how this is typically done. Whatever information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I want to know about options out there that are preferred or are to be avoided.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you buy USPS approved boxes for the amount of birds you send. get a lable from the post office, take them to the post office in the beginning of the week to avoid weekends. ship them next day . email the tracking # on the lable to the person getting them so they can check the birds in transit. they go to their post office to pick them up, put the phone contact on the lable with the address. using extra tape on the bottom of box and zip ties at the handle need to be done.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
USPS is the only way they are legally shipped, and as SW mentioned you must use the appropriate, approved USPS boxes. These can be purchased online from Foy's, Boxesforbirds, and other places. DON'T add water (especially) or food to the box either as it can make a mess and possibly compromise the box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts