Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was making my trap door and I was wondering what design of trap door works better: the bobs, or just or the traditional piece of wood pointed inwards?
I heard the pigeons might hesitate with the bobs, is this true?
Thanks

· Registered
19 Posts
I have a bob door, but I also have a roller that is smart enough to figure out how to get in and out at will (he flips the bobs up). He has become my favourite, so I let him come and go as he pleases.

That being said, you could always make a landing perch big enough that it could flip up and block the door when you want them to stay in. I believe Foy's sells something like that.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,
thanks for the help. After working all day on my trap I am finally finished with it and my two tipplers already understand that the trap is an entrance :)
Anyways I decided to go with the trap with the plywood pointing inward because it was easier.
So, now I am exhausted (who knew making a pigeon traap would be so time consuming....ahh Texas)
Thanks guys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.