Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well, I'm glad the pigeon got away. I realize the falcon has to eat also but I don't want to see it eat a pigeon. Thanks for sharing the video. min

G

·
I think hawks verses pigeons is always a 50/50 thing , sometimes they win and sometimes they lose ..its up to you thou to decide if you want to take that chance though .. they are both just doing what they know .

·
Registered
508 Posts
I saw that show on animal planet before. thanks for sharing it again!

·
Registered
864 Posts
this is probably one of my favorite videos on youtube.
:) pigeons are just the best.
u know what else i noticed , well it happened today. I was at work, and on the 12 floor of my work place there is a huge balcony, wide as the whole building, well i always feed the pigeons there, i think flock is about 30 bird big, they cute as hell, ther eis few babies, one baby has a pink beak, so cute and i love every one of them the same way. well i noticed as i feed them or sometimes as i watch them or whatever they suddenly fly off. I seen it happend with other flocks in the city and i always wonder why, what happens to them that scares them so much.
Now we all know ther eye sight better than ours, so hightened my vision i pay attention to details.. so when they got scared and fly off i seen why.. finaly i seen what scares them.
it was a hawk, pergerine probably, not as big as red tailed. he just fly by, turned his head toward pigeons and continued to go his way.
so once the hawk was gone, they got scared few more times and i realised why again( i was such a brain today)
as pigeons were flying in from the top of the bulding to get fed some of them fly fast and for real i noticed that sometimes they look like hawks in the distance, just the position if the wings and the speed and thats what scares them, till the bird gets little closer and they realise its one of their own.
but even if the hawk watned to attack , he would stand a chance, these pigeons were so fast, even my eyes cant catch which direstion they going.
and becides they stronger together. its amazing.
Wish hawks woudl concentrate more on the rats instead of their feathered friends. it is not fair to attack basically their own ..
sooooo when u see a flock of birds just up and flies away and u dont see a hawk , it was probably one of their own that reminded them of them
and one more thing i noticed watching pigeons fly all day instead of working ( they play in the air) its more as a chase.. catch me if u can.. more like predator prey game.
amazing i think, they teaching one another how to avaid dangers form the air
uuuuuuuuuu i love pigeons...... love them
well i hope i ditn bore u with my studies :) i just think they interesting and beautiful as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts