Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Let me first start by introducing myself. I am new to the pigeon "scene" but have always liked them. I hatched and raised some chicken babies awhile ago, but sold them as I had to move back to the city. I have always loved birds and even the simplicity of doves and pigeons, has drawn my attention. I am in the market for a pigeon. I had a chick that I just adored, and it felt the same way towards me. But I think running around with a chicken on my shoulder would have been a little odd, especially in a nieborhood. A pigeon is a little more acceptable. I live in Jacksonville, Fl. and posted an ad on craigslist for a dove. Not many people have them to sell,and the only person has a male (not very affectionate towards people) so i am asking if anyone has a pigeon for sale that they would please write me back. I have seen on youtube how cuddly these birds can be with humans, given enough time and attention. And i am asking for a female, or a young pigeon that still has some "imprinting" time left, so that the bond can be made between us.
please let me know if you live in my area and have a pigeon for sale. Thank you soo much!
Stazia

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Hi Stazia,
that is wonderful that you want to adopt a pigeon. They make great pets.
I have many birds up for adoption but none really pet material. I do however have one bird who was handraised by some people and then dropped off at the wildlife center. She has a leg and half a wing missing so she is cagebound forever. I was considering to keep her but I don't have much time to give her the attention she needs and she is lonely as she won't mix with my other birds.
She is not too friendly, but she is getting used to being handled. I do hold her and kiss her daily and already she is not struggling to get away from me. She was a baby when I received her so she could become a great pet if you work with her.
Obviously she cannot be shipped and driving up to JV is a long ride but if I find homes for some of my birds up notrh we might be able to meet somewhere.
Let me know.

Reti

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wants a pigeon.

The babies are not born yet. I think if you hand feed them a couple of weeks after they are hatched they will be fine. I am located on the southside of Jax on Leon Rd. Close to Beach blvd. and St. Johns Bluff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adoption

The babies are not born yet. I think if you hand feed them a couple of weeks after they are hatched they will be fine. I am located on the southside of Jax on Leon Rd. Close to Beach blvd. and St. Johns Bluff.

Hello, will you be soon selling or adopting the baby pigeons?
I love pigeons and so does my boyfriend, and I was wondering if you
are adopting or selling them, or when you will. I am looking to get one before Christmas.. Let me know what you're intending to do. I live on the Mandarin area.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts