Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have just got 6 white logans on thursday , the hen and cock are 08 , and 4 young 09,

im new at this , Well this afternoon went to check on them again , and there is a EGG , YEEP HEE , , just wanted to no do you think it will hatch or is it too late , i thought it was the end of the breeding season , , can any one give me any advise or tips as its the first time ive ever looked after birds

Many thanks Linda

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Where was the egg laid? Chances are they may not incubate it (and the second one to come) since they are in new surroundings, but chances are the next time they have eggs they may.

But I would give the pair some dummy eggs to lay on as some are still in the molt and should be expending all their energy on that. You can't just pull the eggs as she will lay eggs again, and deplete her calcium reserves and can also lead to other issues.

Have you done any research and gathered information about care and nutrition and accomodations prior to acquiring your birds? Check out our resources section in the daily forum and homing pigeon forum for more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she laid the egg in the nesting box , the cock as been on it all day and now the hen is on it , i did do research ,
just wanted to ask on here as there are lots off people who no what there talking about

any other advise much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts