Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

A young pigeon (I think) has taken up residence on our small porch (we live in a 3rd floor apartment). I have read a lot of the threads on here, but I'm not sure what to do about young pigeon whose mom still seems to be around and visiting a lot. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
For now, just keep an eye on the baby. It looks old enough to just about be on it's own and if it's on the 3rd floor, it obviously can fly without a problem. Don't intervene unless you see a problem...........the baby should be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, thanks! I THINK that it may have fallen onto our balcony from the balcony above...I heard a big commotion the other night and thought a bird fell, but then I saw it fly off. I think now that it was the mom I saw fly off, and the baby was probably there the whole time. It seems to be able to fly/hop about a foot or so, but that's it. There are droppings everywhere, so I assume it's being fed by the parents?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much...I have been so worried, so I'm glad to hear that the father is probably feeding it. My boyfriend put a bowl of water outside just in case. I hope that's ok!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
yes, water is ok. I just wouldn't put out food because that's just asking for them to stick around AND bring their buddies........you'd have a small flock before you knew it. LOL

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Well, you're welcome. Just watch the baby for the next few days to make sure everything goes like it should.
And........thanks for caring. There's so many that don't. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.