Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Please could you help me. My neighbour brought me up a pigeon thats wing was run over by a taxi. Think it was eating something on the road. Its only a baby about 4 months or so. It has it tail feathers pulled out aswell. I looked on the website the other girl left on this website but bandaging its wing is a nightmare lol its wee legs start kicking lol any handling tips for me? When i worked in an animal sanctuary the vet there said that she had glued a pigeons wing in place so it could set? Do you think i should just do that, or is it too old fashioned?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kelly xx

· Registered
4 Posts
love ur pic btw!!! Thankyou for getting back so quickly!! erm its broken at the top of the wing. i felt both wings and the right wing feels out of place. I read that you could give a pigeon 5mg of asprin to an injured bird, is that true?

· Registered
15,608 Posts
love ur pic btw!!! Thankyou for getting back so quickly!! erm its broken at the top of the wing. i felt both wings and the right wing feels out of place. I read that you could give a pigeon 5mg of asprin to an injured bird, is that true?

Thank you. That's Dory. She passed away last week. :(
I don't know about the aspirin. SEEMS like you can give them aspirin, but I don't know how much without doing some research. Don't give it just yet. With the break where it is, wrapping the wing is the only way I know to "maybe" fix it and that doesn't always work. Bad place to break. We've got lots of members all over the US and in many parts of other country's. Someone maybe could help with the bird or at least wrapping the wing.

· Registered
4 Posts
aww dorys well sweet:) love ur loft too checked out ur website!! No im in Scotland. I was going to take it to the vet near me and get them to bandage the wing but ill take care of it so they dont put her down. Ive got a veranda where i let pigeons sleep, but i dont wanna put it out there until its better. Pecking order, probably would kill the weakest one. xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.