Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not particularly important:
Okay, so, I've been absent from PT for a really long time because I've been pretty informed and can help most pigeons alone (thanks to you guys, of course). Now, however, I've found something I've never encountered before! I was feeding pigeons in downtown Toronto, as per usual, and combing through the crowd when I found two injured pigeons. One I've fixed up, but the second has been sitting in my room for the past 4 days - stuck waiting for me to decide what to do.

ACTUALLY IMPORTANT:
She's a dark sooty bar, in the middle of her moult. Her leg stays curled up, but hanging out of her feathers. She hops on the other, and she definitely has no control of the injured leg from what I can see. I've very, very carefully felt around her leg for any fractures or lesions, and eventually I found a huge disconnected gap between the femur and the hip. I'm %100 percent sure that its dislocated, I can really feel my way around the bone.

I just don't know what to do. I've never tried to stick a dislocated bone back in the place... and I'm so scared of trying and hurting the poor pidge and screwing up her life. Vets are NOT an option, they are very, very expensive and I'm really not able to pay anything right now. I feel like my only option is taking her to the wildlife centre, but I just can't bring myself to trust them after knowing how many perfectly good pigeons they've killed just for missing a few toes. They give up too easily and I'm terrified that they could euthanize her.

Is there anything I can really do, or should I just give her up and hope for the best? Her names Nagasaki.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.